January 10, 2011

Get the Party Started!

Welcome everyone to my brand new blog! 

I have a brand new mystery series coming out from Berkley Prime Crime featuring pastry chef and cake artist, Rita Lucero. The first book, A SHEETCAKE NAMED DESIRE, is scheduled for release on August 2. It's available for pre-order here and also here, and if you're kind enough to "like" it on your Facebook page, you'll be my new BFF. I've seen an early copy of the cover, and as soon as I can, I'll share that with you! 

I'm currently working on the second book in the series, CAKE ON A HOT TIN ROOF, which should be out sometime in the spring of 2012. The series is set in New Orleans, and I'm having a great time writing the stories, meeting the characters, and researching all things New Orleans. 

CAKE ON A HOT TIN ROOF takes place during Carnival Season, which begins on Epiphany, or Twelfth Night (the end of the twelve days of Christmas), also known as January 6. Carnival Season runs from the 6th of January until Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent. Which means that there will be lots of craziness and partying in Rita's world, as well as a little mayhem and murder! 

When my editor and I first began talking about this series, I lived in Utah at the base of the Wasatch Mountains (part of the Rockies, for those who aren't familiar with that area of the world.) Since then, I've moved to the Gulf Coast area, so I'm just a few hours outside of New Orleans. How great is that? In fact, my local area has already begun to celebrate Carnival Season--something we never did back in Utah! 
I hope you'll join me here to talk cake, books, murder ... and anything else that crosses our minds! 

No comments: