Since moving to the south, I've learned to appreciate the crawfish--words I never thought I'd say!
- 1 lb. Louisiana Crawfish Tails
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 large onion
- 1 bundle of green onion
- 1-2 stalks celery
- 1/4 bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 can of Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Shrimp Soup
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- Over medium heat melt margarine in a 5 quart dutch oven.
- Add vegetables and saute about 10 minutes, until onions soften and begin to turn clear.
- Add crawfish tails and saute an additional 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir in cayenne, black pepper, cream of mushroom soup, and bread crumbs.
- Mix well and put into casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.