Which works out to approximately 19 more things than you ever wanted to know!
2. I'm the grandmother of two granddaughters, who are without question the light and the air in my world.
4. My favorite food in the entire world is my mother's homemade spaghetti and meatballs -- unless she makes the meatballs with ground turkey, which she started to do several years before I moved away.
5. The taste of ground turkey literally makes me gag, even if it's nicely browned and simmering in my mother's amazing spaghetti sauce.
6. If you ask my kids what makes me happy, they will answer without even pausing to take a breath that it's my family.
7. I frequently have discussions with the TV -- usually because some ad makes no sense or insults my intelligence, or because a plot twist in a TV show is unrealistic and unbelievable.
8. Apparently, I'm not very good at keeping my opinions to myself. At least, that's what one of my daughters says. If only she knew how many opinions I swallow whole, she would be stunned by my amazing ability.
9. I have been told that I remind some people of Bette Midler -- in her character as Winnie in Hocus Pocus. Now I love Bette. I truly do. But this one's kind of hard to take as a compliment.
10. I do not have a middle name.
11. I was born in Utah, moved to Montana before I was a month old, back to Utah before I was 12, and then, eventually, to the Gulf Coast region.
12. Perhaps because I was born in September, autumn is my favorite season of the year. Sadly, we don't have a recognizable autumn where I'm living now and I miss it. We do, however see Monarch butterflies migrating in the fall and we have an invasion of dragonflies every year. Some day I may actually think autumn when they show up.
13. I was born without any natural ability to be a good hostess. If you were to knock on my door, I would talk to you for 2 hours without ever once inviting you inside. Honestly? I wouldn't even think of it. This failing has always been apparent, but is even more evident now that I live in the South.
14. My favorite form of exercise is turning the pages of a book or pressing the forward key on my Kindle.
15. I spent many years (years ago) singing and playing keyboards with a band.
16. I love to travel. I've been to all but 9 states in the US and to several provinces in Canada. Some day soon I hope to color in the states I'm missing and also travel abroad.
17. For some reason I can't remember now, I learned how to play the clarinet when I was a small child. No, I wasn't very good at it -- probably because when my mother set the timer for me to practice, I kept inching the dial forward, shaving minutes off my practice time.
18. I am presently owned by my cat, Tinkerbell.
19. Even though I was a single mom with very little money when I was younger, struggling to make ends meet, if anything had ever happened to my sister and brother-in-law when the kids were little, I would have raised my nieces and my nephew as my own. In fact, I would have taken out anyone who tried to stop me. I knew without question that my sister would have done the same for my kids. Now that I think about it, this may be why I created Aunt Yolanda in the Piece of Cake mystery series. Aunts are Awesome!
20. I love to laugh.